Saturday 4 June 2011

How is technology changing and/or affecting our society?

It is leaving thousands of older people behind! Our society is experiencing a widening gap between the techno savvy and those that do not, will not, do tech stuff. And then there are many many more people like myself that only do the surface stuff. Like on the computer, like on the cell phone, I don%26#039;t know how to do half the stuff you can do. I don%26#039;t do My Space or You Tube. I don%26#039;t do call waiting or conference calling. It is just too complicated and I don%26#039;t have time to figure it all out. Why is there so much new stuff? I think as long as I live I will only have time for a small portion of all the gadgets out there.





One big problem that the tech gap causes is that kids are doing a lot of communicating that their folks don%26#039;t understand and can%26#039;t monitor, and this drives kids and their folks apart, and folks loose control of the kids.





We need to have a new type of training, a branch of communications science, where experts find ways to bring us all back together and help us to use technology in a way that is beneficial to all.|||Omg come on.





communication, tv, blogs.





Its made it a small world, but then again a global society.





People can travel quickly or talk to anyone.





think about it.