Saturday 4 June 2011

Poll: How is technology changing your life?

Is technology moving in the right path at the right speed?





I think technology is great, and I leech on the news of scietists and engineers etc pushing technology to it%26#039;s limit. But what I find so outstanding is how fast portae technology is changing.


In the past, the best portable device was cellphones, then blackberries came in and were the top tech, now there are iPhones, Android Eris, HTC%26#039;s, I mean it%26#039;s just unbelievable what these things can do.





I personally have a modded iPod touch 3G and I use it as my own ultra portable laptop, since it now has 2GB ram (512Mb real ram, 1.5GB virtual ram) 32GB storage, and a 1Ghz arm processor.


So it%26#039;s basically an all in one, and I love it to death.


The only thing I wish that could advance is batterie technology..


I know the latest advance is methane fuel chargers but I want something crazy like atomic cells or some kind of blue star energy battery, you know?





I only complain because I have to charge all my devices pretty much every day, and it gets to be a bit annoying|||Here%26#039;s the latest:





http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/200…








I am predicting that all of this will be possible in a device so small, that it will become integrated into our minds, wiring it to the neural net. Then all will become one again.








I didn%26#039;t own video games or a cell phone when I was little, I was born in 1981. I had a great time. Technology is kind of stressfull, but its addicting. I always want to know the latest and greatest. Have you seen the Large Hydron Collider?





I mean, recreating the Big Bang? wow!|||Of course, technology is changing faster but we are slow in coping with it.|||Fire has been holding its end up for 20, 000 years.|||Much much easier.