Wednesday 26 October 2011

Can I use the same real D 3d glasses over and over in theatres?

What I am trying to say is . . . a year ago I saw journey to the center of the earth in 3D and I had to buy the 3D glasses seperately with the ticket. The movie was in Real D 3D.



I want to go see Avatar in 3D and it's also in real D 3D.



I really don't want to buy 3D glasses again but I still have the ones from a year ago.



Can I just use the same ones or has the technology changed that much in one year?
Can I use the same real D 3d glasses over and over in theatres?
I believe they all use the same glasses. They should come with the ticket though.



I received RealD glasses from watching Cloud with a Chance of Meatballs, which wasn't that long ago.



%26quot;The Marcus Corp is also raking it in by forcing patrons to buy new 3D glasses each time they go to the theater. Despite the fact that folks can reuse the same glasses over and again, the ticket sellers are required by management to sell them a new pair each time. %26quot;Oh, but you can recycle them as you leave the theater%26quot; they offer.%26quot;



http://www.bigscreen.com/journal.php?id=鈥?/a>
Can I use the same real D 3d glasses over and over in theatres?
YES, YES, YES, yes, yes, :)
The extra cost is not for the glasses, it is for making the movie in 3d. The theater has to buy the glasses themselves. That extra cost goes to the movie studio. Most theater don't like people taking the glasses because they have to buy new ones with their own money. Any theater I have gone to will not let you take the glasses, but sometimes they forget to seed someone to stand at the doorway to make sure everyone returns them.