Wednesday 26 October 2011

Should I get the Adobe Creative Suite 3 Design Premium or the Adobde CS3 Master Collection?

I am beginning a masters in Graphic design and have a business background. The software is at a great price and I dont know if I should invest in it for future use. Technology changes so quickly and I'm not sure if I need to invest in something like this just yet.
Should I get the Adobe Creative Suite 3 Design Premium or the Adobde CS3 Master Collection?
If you are going for a Masters in Graphic design, are you going to include a lot of Web and Multimedia design in that? If so, get the Master Collection, because it includes everything. If your emphasis is Graphic Design with some Web/multimedia, get the Design Premium, which I what I have. It includes Flash, Dreamweaver, and Acrobat Pro, plus the version of Photoshop called Extended. And of course it has InDesign and Illustrator. But it doesn't have any of the video/multimedia products.



Since CS3 was just released last spring, I don't think you need to worry about trying to wait for a later release, and you WILL be using a lot of this stuff one way or another.



I am currently working on a BFA in Graphic Design, and am about 2/3 of the way there.
Should I get the Adobe Creative Suite 3 Design Premium or the Adobde CS3 Master Collection?
There are various kinds of graphic design. Are you designing for the web? print? multimedia? It's hard to say.

Being that you are going for your masters, you can probably make use of as much as you can get.