Wednesday 26 October 2011

Was changing my major from accounting to business technology a smart move?

I really like accounting but i like computers better. I just started college and had originally started as an accounting major but one of my professors convinced me that business technology would be a smarter move. Is she right?What are the pros and cons?
Was changing my major from accounting to business technology a smart move?
Minor in accounting, or spend an extra semester or two getting a double major. Then you can do either, and could likely be more valueable to future employers. You also have more options. If you can't find a job in one field, you likely can in the other.



BTW, don't let your professors or advisor make decisions for you. It will be the rest of your life, not theirs.
Was changing my major from accounting to business technology a smart move?
Accounting is all computerized now anyway for the most part. I'd stay with that. The money is good if you get your CPA.
yes
Yes