Friday 7 October 2011

Has C++ technology changed a lot since 1998?

I have a book called TEACH YOURSELF C++ third edition but it was Copyrighted in 1998, which is like 10 years ago. Could this be a waist of time since it's probably very out of date? should I just look for a newer edition or has C++ not changed much since 1998 and reading this book could be helpful?





Thanks in advance
Has C++ technology changed a lot since 1998?
Yes. I just tossed out my old books from early 2000. Most of what is in those books is accurate but enough had changed that I felt it warranted a new book.
Has C++ technology changed a lot since 1998?
It's true, C++ has changed a bit over the years. But it's still a good source. Most of the things that have changed in C++ are smaller things (though some, are moderately important changes to know as they will cause your programs to not work correctly). I suggest you find a newer one once you hit things such as classes, stacks, and qeues.