Friday 16 September 2011

(For my school project) How has technology changed Iceland?

I really need help for my school project. We had to select a country, so I chose Iceland. One of the things we have to include is how technology changed our country (with farming, ect.) %26amp; i'm really stuck. Please help or give me a website that could help me. Thank you (:
(For my school project) How has technology changed Iceland?
One major change, and thing that Iceland is leading in is Green technology. Iceland has one of the only cities in the world that is fossil fuel free. They are also a leader in the development and research of Geothermal Power Plants. These plants are really cool. They inject water into the earth's crust about 2 miles deep were the temperature is about 400 degrees. The hot water shots back up another pipe and powers a steam turbine. It works sort of like a nuclear power plant without the nuclear waste.



Here's some info on the power plans in Iceland's capital city, I couldn't begin to pronounce its name

http://www.energy.rochester.edu/is/reyk/



Geothermal Power Plants are very important because they may replace other plants in many other countries. Just a quick note, Iceland didn't invent Geothermal plants, but they are one of the few countries that uses them as a primary power source. The also invented a special type of Geothermal plant that solved a lot of problems in the first ones.



Good luck on the project